An {I Love You} Card...

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Yep, more lovey-dovey Valnetine's Day stuff.  I think you guys will be happy when I stop using red on every single card I make.  Lol, too much of a good thing?

Anyway, I made another Valnetine's card, but this one can double as a simple "I love you" card.  Lot's of fun stuff going on here.  I die cut the heart in kraft card stock first, then embossed it with the woodgrain impression plate.  

I took a piece of cream card stock, stamped the sunburst image using red ink, then placed it under the heart, once in place I stamped the black heart outline.  
Check out the black faux stitching!  I haven't done that in for-evah!

TIP: The sentiment stamp "I Love You" is all one piece, however I didn't want to cut my stamp apart if I didn't absolutely need too.  So I stamped the full sentiment in cream ink on the black card stock strip, then cut apart the strip in the center of the word "love" and stacked the two strips on top of each other so that only one or two letters of the word "love" were showing, just enough that the heart would cover them and the spacing looked right.

Have a great day!

{I Love You}
Stamps: Sunburst, Love Cupid, Shapes: Hearts Combo (Clear & Simple Stamps)
Card Stock: Perfect Little Black Dress, Kraft Like a Rockstar, Cre'me de la Cream (CSS)
Ink: Perfect Little Black Dress, Dare to Be a Diva Red (CSS) Vintage Cream (PTI)
Dies: Imprints 4, Shapes: Hearts (CSS)
Accessories: Foam Dots, Stamping Sponge, Mini Circle Punch, Black Fine Tip Pen

1 comments:

Suzanne January 29, 2013 at 9:56 PM  

Dana! SO SO fabulous! I love what you've done with the sentiment strip, the sunrays and the stitching detail. I love this!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP